lunedì 5 novembre 2007

A Weekend In Florence and Halloween


So for this weekend I decided to just hang out in Florence. Ok, well I didn't decide. It was decided for me. I was planning on going to Paris, but then there were no more tickets to paris so that didn't work out. I was going to stay the next weekend anyway so I just switched them. It was a good decision. I had so much fun. And I'm off! Instead of heading to the train station like I usually do on a Thursday night, I went instead to a really cool live music bar. There was a band that was playing from 11:00pm until 2:00am, so we decided to check it out. It was cool because they were a tribute band to American rock, so they played all their songs in English. We all sang along and had a great time. :) Oh and Michael went up and played with them. It was really cool. I even got to try Guiness. It was really good... I mean... ;) Anyway, we stayed out late that night and some of the people from the other international programs got in that night and met us there. The next day more people came in and I met a bunch of them for the first time. They were all really cool. That day we went to the Duomo. I had been here for two months and I hadn't even been inside of it yet! Oh well. It was cool. Then we went to the Academia and saw the David through the exit. We were too cheap to pay 10 euro to go inside. :) Don't worry I was going the next day. I got to see it. :) So that night we went to a pizza place called Sperro and it was really good. Then we all came back and had a really fun game night. I was pretty tired around Midnight, so I made some plans for Saturday and then went to bed. I woke up and had breakfast at Cafe Liberta and then joined up with some friends to go see the David. I went with Jennaca, she is in my program, and two other girls from the Lausanne program. There names are Paige and Chantel. We saw the David. It was so huge. I really enjoyed it. Then we walked on the Ponte Vecchio and headed over to the Boboli Gardens. They are these huge gardens in the middle of Florence. They are beautiful. We walked around, enjoyed the sites, and took a nap. :) Oh and I almost forgot. We met up with another Pep group that was going there. Then a few of us guys really had to pee, but there were no bathrooms so we found a place and now all of us can say that we peed in the Boboli Gardens. :) That night was the night of the Michael Buble Concert. I didn't have tickets so I didn't go, but I did go to dinner. We went to a place called ZaZa and I shared a Bisteca Fiorentina with Martin and Kyle. It was huge, but really good. It was a little rare for my tastes, but it was still delicious. Then the people who weren't going to the concert went back to the house and watched a movie. We watched Love Actually and it was surprisingly really good. I enjoyed it. Then the next day they left and it was sad to see them go. I had only met them on Friday, but we had so much fun. I think I'm going to visit them next semester. Well, that was the weekend. Now let me tell you about Halloween. It was so fun. I didn't have a costume idea and when I went downstairs in the morning without one I realized that I needed one. I couldn't have a Halloween where I don't dress up. So I went for my usual college idea: the nerd. It worked out well. We can wear our costumes to class, so I got ready bewteen my first and second classes. It took me longer to get ready then I thought so I walked into class a little late, but that was perfect. Everyone's attention shifted to me and everyone laughed. It was sweet. :) The house was all covered in decorations and we even had pumpkin carving. The pasta was pumpkin, I think, and then that night we went to a soccer game. Florence was playing Napoli and they hate each other so it was a good game. WE WON! It was fun. The last game we went to, they tied so it was good having a winner, especially it being us. Then we all went back and had a bunch of food and soda to keep us up and studying for our Religion Final the next day. I think I did well enough. Anyway, that's enough out of me. I'll let you go for now, but I'll have my Brussels trip up on the blog before you know it. Ciao!






1 commento:

Anonimo ha detto...

I don't understand, why didn't you put up any pictures of this so called nerd costume. All I see is the regular austin look. Do you have class on fridays? Its one in the morning and you probably won't get this note anytime soon but I want to call you but I think its too late, you might be out of the country by now. Oh well, talk to you later.

ps. I hate you. You are having so much fun that I want to go back to europe.