mercoledì 14 novembre 2007

Bruxelles (Brussels), Belgium


So Brussels was definitely an amazing experience. It was so much fun and it was completely crazy from beginning to end. There were four of us that left on this journey: Michael, Chelsey, Sandi, and me. We left Thursday night on a sleeper train for Munich and arrived there at 6:00 am. We waited another hour for the next train to Koln. From there we took our last train which brought us into Brussels tickets for Sundayck by 11:00 pm that night. So w morning, so we would get ba. We got there around 2:00 pm and realized that we needed tickets home. So we gote were set and we headed out to a little town called Leuven. Well, it isn’t so small. There are about 60,000 people that live there and 2/3 of the population is made up of students. It is a big university town and that was where we were staying. Chelsey knew someone who had an apartment there, so we wound up staying with him. His name was Paul and he was really cool. :) That night we went in search of food. We didn’t want just any food. We wanted some GOOD food because none of us had eaten anything all day. Luckily we found a Mexican restaurant. It was my first time having Mexican food since I left. I was pretty excited. It was no Lupe’s, but it was still good. Then we walked around town and got some Belgium waffles. They were simply amazing. I put this cookie ice-cream on it that was so good and then I added molten chocolate and whipped cream. It was delicious. After that we went back to the apartment and played Texas hold’em until 12 or so. It was really fun. I didn’t win unfortunately. I got second… to Chelsey. :( Anyway, the next day we went into Brussels. We took the train there and then saw some really cool stuff. We saw the huge palace, the gardens, the judiciary building, and the Manekin Pis. That was so funny. I forgot that Brussels prides itself on having a really small fountain of a peeing boy. It was really funny seeing that. Also we went to some cool markets and saw some nice shops. Then we decided to see an American movie, so we saw Michael Clayton. It was pretty good. Before that though, we tried a place called Quality Burger Restaurant. It was horrible. It was the worst hamburger that I have ever tasted. :) I guess I’m just spoiled by amazing American burgers. After that I took some night shots and we headed back to the house. We had to get up early to catch a train to our station. That was the beginning of a very long day. We were told that there was a train from Leuven to Brussels at 6:05 am that would allow us to catch our train at 7:00 am. There was no train. We had to catch a later train that got us into the station at 7:00 am. We missed our train. :( So we had to get another train home. The guy at the ticket office did not want to help us. He said just leave the next day. We couldn’t do that. After 45 minutes of talking to this guy we found a way home. We had to go to Munich, and then take a night train home. We had to sit in the Munich train station for 5 hours. It wasn’t too bad. We went into town, got some dinner, and studied for the humanities exam. We got home at 5:30 am and then a few hours later, in which I never went back to sleep, I tookthe test. It was an adventure, but I had a great tine. It was a beautiful city and I really enjoyed the waffles. :) Well, that’s enough from me. Ciao!







Nessun commento: