lunedì 17 marzo 2008

Lausanne, Switzerland

This weekend, the 14th through the 16th of March, I went to
the house for the Switzerland Program. Pepperdine has a few houses all over Europe and I decided that I wanted to see this one. I went with a couple friends, Jillian and Lauren. It was just the three of us, but it was really fun. We left Friday morning, ate at Café Liberta, and jumped on a train to Milan. From Milan we took another train to Switzerland. It was only about 7 hours on a train, so it wasn’t that bad. It gave me plenty of time to write and catch up on all my blogs. We arrived at the train station around 4:00 pm and it was an amazingly gorgeous day. We saw some fellow Pepperdine students walking in the road, so we talked to them, and they told us how to get to the house. The Lausanne house is a hotel and up until this last semester it still had guests coming and staying in it. We arrived, changed into some less warm clothes, and wandered around the city. It got cold pretty fast and I was in board shorts, flip flops, and a t-shirt, so I was a little bit chilly. We started walking back to house to get some warm clothes, but we ran into some more students that were heading to dinner. We didn’t know any place to get good food, so we just followed them to dinner, without getting warm clothes. We went to a place called Manora and I got a good filet. It was delicious. We were there talking and having a great time for about 3 hours. It was fun. This weekend was full of fun conversation and good memories. The train ride there even had intense, serious conversation about Christianity. It was really good. Then we went back to the house that night, I went out and got an ice-cream bar with a guy named A.J., and the girls went to bed. The next day we slept in a little bit, ate some breakfast at the house, and then jumped on a train to the Matterhorn. It took us about three hours to get there and it was worth it. The Matterhorn is located in the Alps, in a town called Zermatt. It was a cool skiing town and if Jillian skied or if we knew we could have gone skiing, we would have. :) We spent a few hours wandering around the snow and the countryside, got yummy bratwurst, and went shopping. The girls bought Swiss Army Knives, and we all drooled at the chocolate. Then we took the train back to the house, ate at Manora again, and then I met up with a friend that I knew from freshman year, while the girls checked the internet. I talked with my friend, Josh, and his friends in his room for about two hours. It was so fun and the conversations were full of laughter and ridiculousness. Then the girls came back and wanted to watch Beauty and the Beast. We went up to their room to watch it, but Lauren fell asleep almost instantly and Jillian was almost asleep when we stopped it. So we called it a night, even though we had only watched about 30 minutes of the movie. :) The next day we had breakfast with the people at the house, and jumped on a train back to Florence. It was a great weekend and it was fun visiting another program. I have never visited one before, so it was fun and it was cool that we got to stay in the house itself. Overall, it was another great weekend, full of fun, laughter, and friends.

























Nessun commento: