
So this weekend I went off to Venice. It was one of the craziest weekends ever. So, here I go. We left Friday morning after a stop for breakfast at Cafe Liberta, which was absolutely amazing! It's basically this restaurant that we get to eat for free on the weekends and they have delicious pastries. I left stuffed full of cornetti and other yummy pasti. :) After that we ran to the train because we were running late, as usual, and when we got there we realized that the train we needed to catch was full. So we chilled in the station for about and hour or so and got on the next train. The train was nice and relaxing. I tried to do homework, but I definitely fell asleep. :) We arrived at the station before Venice and that was the stop for four of us. I was traveling with Michael, Bailey, Paige, Chase, and Alanna. Paige's family was already in Venice so Alanna got to stay in a nice hotel with Paige and her family. No fair, I know. ;) So we got off

and took another train to our hostel, which was apparently 20 minutes away from that stop. Our Bed and Breakfast was 30 minutes away from Venice, in the tiniest town ever. It was called Mira Buse. I forgot to take pictures of it. Bummer. Anyway, we check and head back to the city, but the landlord told us that we couldn't take a train back because the last train was at 8:30pm. We had dinner reservations at 7:30 so there was no way that we could get back for that. We had to take the bus, but I'll get to that story later. We meet up with Alanna, Paige, and her family after a nice stroll around the city. I got the most delicious licorice ever. It was so good! Bailey go

t black, but I got red. Mine was definitely better. :) The city was so amazing and I loved everything about it. It wasn't too hot or anything, so we were nice and cool walking around the city. I was amazed by the fact that it was just in the middle of the water. I guess I didn't know what to expect. We had a great dinner and then embarked on our journey to the hostel. We make our way to Piazzale Roma to catch a bus and miss the 11:00 pm bus. We chill for an hour and then take the next one. It drops us off in the middle of nowhere and we have to figure out to get back to the hostel. So, we decide to go into this bar to ask directions. The lady has no idea how to get there, but another man, a patron, comes up and says he can help. After a few confusing moments he looks over at us


and asks us how we were planning on getting there. We say to him, "A piedi" which means by foot. Then him and the lady blurt out, "A PIEDI!" Apparently it was too far to walk. Then he says that he will drive us, so the four of us jump in his car and he drives us there. It was funny. The next day we get up early to meet up for the tours. We go visit the Doge's Palace and another really cool house that I can't remember the name of right now. Then we had an amazing dinner where I had steak and the most amazing onion soup that I have ever tasted. Now, I haven't really tasted that many, but this was absolutely wonderful. Dad and Drew, you would have loved it. :) We check out St. Mark's Square at night and call it a night. Now, the bus back was the same bus and the same time, but we didn't get checked for tickets last time, so Michael and I don't get a new ticket. We saved our old tickets. Chase and Bailey go to get new ones, but they were closed. We didn't think much of it because no one was goi

ng to check. Someone did, but Michael and I got lucky. The tickets worked from yesterday! We were off the hook, but Bailey and Chase had to pay 30 euro. It sucked. Anyways, we stayed our final night in the hostel and headed back to Venice. We checked out the glass blowing island, which was so cool and then went inside St. Mark's Cathedral. It was gorgeous. The gold mosaics were absolutely breathtaking. I have never seen anything like it. I would love to go back and see it. Then we got a quick lunch and headed home. It was a great trip. I loved the city, but now I get to go see Rome. That is going to be cool. :) Ciao!



Nessun commento:
Posta un commento